Wednesday, March 22, 2006

A Warm & Hazy Evening

Marathon tune-up training has started. This month will see me doing some shorter runs plus circuit training incorporated in Ong's Marathon Training Program. The plan run for Tuesday was a 12km run into Sentosa, followed by 2 sets of circuits. Again, a big bunch turned up, and long-timers like Patric and Richard also came. Because of my Time Trial on Monday, my legs were feeling a bit dead and naggy at the joints. After a slow pace start-up, running alongside san, my legs warmed up a little. In sentosa, I ran a bit quicker to catch up with the rest, after waiting for my Islander pass from cm. We were to skip the Setosa Cove to/fro as well as the Tanjung Beach stretches (making up the NBRR route). Ran a moderate pace till the first toilet at the beach, where I met up with the rest of the front group. Shortly, cm and the rest came to join in. After a quick toilet break, we ran along the beachfront to the Hotel. It was a nice run along the way, with most of us running as a group. The night was very humid, and I was dripping with perspiration. There were hardly any people around the beach area, even along the walkways.

From the Hotel, I picked up speed and ran ahead to lead the front people to the entrance of Visitor's Centre. Ong and Derrick were waiting, and asked me if there were anyone that took a wrong turn up (Later found the Kumaran and David actually did take a longer route...hehe). As I ran out from Sentosa, I could feel my breathing getting heavier, very likely due to the funny smell from the haze which I could feel. The air was quite bad, and there were no winds at all. I sped up to about 5min/km pace along Telok Blangah Rise back to the ClubHouse. On the way, I was overtaken by 'small Chua'..heh, not bad, this young man was running a lot stronger these days. Reached the ClubHouse, all drenched in perspiration. My pedometer showed 13km in distance. Ididn;t time the run, and Adam estimated that we ran at least a 5:15min/km pace on the way back..hehe. Because all were feeling tired and drained, we did only 1 set of circuit training, with a few push-ups and leg-raises, and a lot of stretches to cool down.

Distance Ran:12.5km ___Time:1hr10min____Pace:6:00min/km
Average HR:Moderate___Max HR:Hard__KCal:900KCal est.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home