Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Pleasant packages

Went down to SAFRA MF Tuesday evening to do intervals at Labrador Park, chiefly to collect my new running shoe collection for 2008...haha. Took the run real easy, and was consistently coming in near the rear for each of the lap. Did a total distance of 12km, and did work up some sweat.

Fierce-looking ASICS DS Trainer 13

Cool-looking ASICS Cumulus 9

Collected my 2 pairs of DS Trainer 13 and Cumulus 9, latest models of these tried and tested runners. I tried them on for fit, and they felt light with the right amount of forefoot cushion. Many of the running mates went ga-ga over the shwe colours of the DS Trainer...hmm, don't you agree she is a beauty? hehe. Now just cannot wait to bring them out for their maiden runs.



I got another pleasant package once I reached home, this time from DHL, containing certificates of the Pacesetters GE30km race in January. Thanks to Mohan who collected the certs from Pacesetters in Malaysia over the weekend, and had them dispatched to me in such quick time. Really appreciate the gesture of this multiple marathoner, who will yet do another this Sunday @ KLIM, and of course, I hope to run alongside him at this May's Sundown Ultra-Marathon.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

9 Comments:

At 10:08 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hi,

Where did you buy your asics ds trainer? When I visited Singapore 2 weeks ago, I had the chance to visit Queensway. I searched for an 11.5 speedstar II but only found a 12. That was when the guy offered me a new arrival. Fit it and it was perfect! I got a pair of Asics ds racers VII that was a 2008 season color release. It seems to be available in the UK only. Ds trainer 13 was also one of the choice I have but didnt see the color you have.

Where did you buy it from? It looks very nice and will surely perform similar to the speedstar II.


Do you know where I can get a 11.5 Asics speedstar II? Ones online are white and green.

 
At 8:29 PM, Blogger The DreamRunner said...

hi Mark,
I've ordered the shoes through the SAFRA MF connection, which apparently got it from Japan/Taiwan. Some of those models and colours may not be available in Singapore.

As for Speedstar II, I too have been looking for them, even in Singapore. Heard that Speedstar III is going to be launched in June/July? so, I may wait for that.

Cheers,
Dream

 
At 12:20 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I just a found a way to buy from yahoo japan or from any other online site in Japan.

http://www.fromjapan.co.jp/th/

I just ordered the same asics ds 13. : )

It comes out to around SGD180 without shipping. Im getting the final quote this monday.

 
At 8:56 AM, Blogger terence0023 said...

nice shoes............

 
At 10:31 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Its SGD207 all in. I hope customs dont charge additional anymore as normally they dont for personal. How much did you buy yours?

Hopefully I'll get it by next week at the post office.

Thanks to your site I found those shoes.

 
At 10:42 AM, Blogger The DreamRunner said...

yo Mark,
glad that you found your desired shoes in the right color. Mine is cheaper, as we ordered it as a group.

btw, are you based in Singapore? if you are, feel free to check out some running clubs like SAFRA Running Club, MR25, et. al.

 
At 9:41 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Nope, just went there to visit. Great place to run, very clean.

Btw, will you be using ds trainers for training only? Whats your racing shoe for PR?

Regards,

Mark

 
At 10:03 AM, Blogger The DreamRunner said...

strangely enough, I haven't used my DS Trainers nor Speedstar for any PR, although they would make the mark definitely. I have used Asics, NB, Adizero and even Nike for my previous PRs...

 
At 2:47 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

The ds trainers just arrived from japan. The site FromJapan is very fast. You can now buy stuff easily from almost any site there. Just use EMS as mode for shipping.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home