Tuesday, March 01, 2005

10km Tapering Run on 1 Mar 2005

It is just 5 days more to the KL Marathon this sunday. All the runners tonight are doing their tapering runs (meaning slow-down, shorter runs) to avoid tiring out. The idea is to be well rested and leave the best for the actual race.

I will be doing the 21km at KLIM05, and hope to do a sub-2hr run. Beverly will be doing the 10km run.


Route from Telok Bangah - Labrador Park

For tonight's run, we did the Labrador route. I did 3 rounds at the Labrador Park itself, with the steep first upslope, to cover a total distance of 10km. I felt very good tonight, since I did not run for the past 2 days.



From the chart, it seems that I reached the final upslope at Labrador Park at the 20min mark. After that, I circled the scenic park for 2 rounds, encountering a fierce snow-dog who wanted to race me, and its owner was having a hard time holding it down.

My average heart rate of 158bpm is a tad low for a 10km run, but is ok for a practise run. I finished the 10km run in 53min. I did not feel completely satisfied, since the distance is a little short for my liking. Anyway, I look forward to the next SAFRA run on thursday.

Distance Ran:10km_____Time:53:09min_____Pace:5:18min/km
Average HR:158bpm_____Max HR:171bpm_____KCal:716

Related Posts with Thumbnails

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home