Thursday, February 24, 2005

10 more days to KL International Marathon 2005

My, I just realized that it is 10 days more to Kuala Lumpur (KL) International Marathon 2005.



This is my first overseas run, and also my first competitive 21km (Half Marathon). Beverly and Adrian are also entered in this competition for the 10km distance. We are all set to leave on Mar 5, reaching KL a day earlier to collect our race bibs and soak in the atmosphere at the race expo.

I have many more experienced runner friends going up as well; people like The Lonely Runner and his gang, the SAFRA Running Club members, friends from the MacRitchie Runners, and many more social runners like myself. We are anticipating to have a good run, as well as have a good time carbo-loading at the famous Yum Cha places and little food haunts in nearby Chinatown. Shopping at the 5-storey Bt Bintang Shopping Mall will be a must-do for us too.

As me and my gang are not really entered into the long race (aka Marathon), there is no need for us to go through tapering (runner' speak for slowing-down, relaxing before big race). I will continue to have my average speed runs, and will look forward to having a good experience in KL.

I will be putting up at Hotel Malaya near Chinatown. I know there are others staying in nearby hotels like the Swiss In Hotel. I heard that there is a sizeable contingent from Singapore, and I look forward to saying hello to all of you when we are in KL.

Keep On Running, Don't Stop Running!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home