Monday, February 21, 2005

10km Recovery run on 21 Feb 2005

After the long run yesterday morning, I decided to go for a short recovery run tonight with my wife, Beverly. Beverly intended to use this opportunity to practise for her KL run, as well as to burn off her excesses from the recent CNY goodies.

We started off very slowly from my house at 10pm. This loop goes from Upper Paya Lebar Rd, turning into Braddel Rd, going on to Upper Serangoon Rd, onwards to Kovan Hub, then turning right towards Tampines Rd, moving along parts of Hougang estate, then finally going into Lorong Ah Soo, and back home. This is the regular 10km route I always run. Sometimes I run another round in reverse order to make it 20km.

The night was relatively serene, but the air was smelling burnt (from the fires caused by the dry spell we are experiencing in Singapore). We were running slowly, and chatting about the new food stalls coming up along the way. There looked to be a good western place selling fish, along the Upper Serabgoon stretch....hmmm, must go there one of these nights for supper.

We usually go for supper after one of these night runs. After expending 600-700 KCal, I reckon we need to reload with a good bowl of fresh fish porridge or famous prawn noodles at Joo Seng. Also will normally buy some fried Yu Tiao back for snacks.



My heart rate was averaging 121. Very low indeed. No wonder I just burnt 575 KCal, according to my HR monitor. Well, I guess its ok for a recovery run. Towards the last 1km, I could no longer tahan the slow pace, and sped off to bring the heart rate to a 155 average. Reached back home in 1hr6min. My wife came back just 1min later. Not bad, I think she improved on her timing again. Last week she ran 1hr8min for this 10km loop. The previous week was 1hr9min. If she improves by 1min a week, maybe she can run a sub 1hr 10km.

Well, took a quick bath, and we went to Joo Seng Food Centre and had noodles. The fish porridge owner told us 2 days back they would close for the next 15days.

Biting into my crispy yu tiao, and sipping my LingZhi coffee, as I am writing this....Yummy!


Distance Ran:10km_____Time:1hr6min_____Pace:6:36min/km
Average HR: 127bpm_____KCal: 575

Running Log

Related Posts with Thumbnails

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home