Tuesday, February 22, 2005

SAFRA Club Run On 22 Feb 2005

This evening I had my regular Tuesday run with the SAFRA Running Club. They normally have their runs on Tuesdays and Thursdays, culminating in a long run on Sunday mornings at MacRitchie. I drove to Telok Blangah at 6.15pm, and did a little warm up. Met the usual runners, Thiam Huat (Chairman), Adam, Paul, Teen, Sam, Sok Hwa, etc. I think a group of about 15 eventually turned up.

There are various groups running at different paces and distances, and I always try to go for the longest (to maximize my time there). I decided to take the canal route, which runs from Telok Blangah into Depot Road, along Queensway, turning off into Jln Hang Jebat, crossing the railway tracks, into Portsdown Rd, all the way to Dover Road, then out into Clementi Rd, turning off into the Ulu Pandan Canal. After the stretch of the canal, it goes along Buona Vista Rd, back into Portsdown Rd on the return stretch, all the way back through Jln Hang Jebat, Queensway, Depot Rd and finally ending at Telok Blangah. It is estimated to be abt 20km loop.



Pushed start on my HRM at 6:45pm and started off slowly. My watch was beeping for a good 3km due to the slower pace (I selected the 10kSet). The first part of the run had me, Sok Hwa, Adam and Lee running as a group. At the start of Portsdown, we were joined by Hock Soon and Sam. I then went ahead following Sok Hwa (since she provides a very good pace). Sok Hwa is one of the top lady runners at the club and in Singapore.

After the Dover Road Stretch, I was just following Sok Hwa to the canal. The rest had turned for the shorter route. Reached the start of the canal and pressed the lap timer...had ran for 52min according to the watch. The stretch of the canal took a smooth 12min, estimated to be about 2.2km.

Once out from the canal, we went to the Buona Vista MRT toilets for a refreshing drink. I took many gulps of water from the tap, and took about 3min here. When I came out, Sok Hwa was already waiting. We continued on along Buona Vista Rd, then turning back towards Portsdown.

Once we came out of Jln Hang Jebat, I ran ahead of Sok Hwa...and ran all the way back on my own. When I reached back, most of the gang were already back. Took a quick bath, and went with the group for a well-deserved carbo-loading session at our usual hawker centre nearby.

Distance Ran:20km_____Time:1hr47min_____Pace:5:21min/km
Average HR:153bpm_____Max HR:187bpm_____KCal: 1362

Related Posts with Thumbnails

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home