Thursday, March 03, 2005

20km Kelichap warm-up & time trial runs

Did 2 back-back 10km runs tonight, the first 10km as a warm-up and the second 10km as a time trial.

The first 10km with Beverly was for her to do her final practice run before KL this sunday. She returned in 1hr7min, which is another min off her best last week. The weather was warm and humid, and the air quality not too good. Probably similar or worse air quality in KL.

After we returned home, I took some water, reset the stop-watch, and went for my 10km time trial (in reverse route - went into Lor Ah Soo, then to Tampines Rd, Kovan, Upper Serangoon Rd, Braddel Rd, into Tai Keng Gardens and back home. I felt good but a little tired on the legs. I suspect it was because of the lack of sleep for the past few days, plus the weather. I did not bring along the heart rate monitor for tonight's runs, to see if I run better without the strap. I felt looser, but with heart rate to see, its quite difficult for me to know how hard to push.

I took the lap times at the various specific junctions of the route for reference. I returned back in 49:27min, another sub-50min 10km effort. The following are times in cumulative mode:
Lap 1 (Lor Ah Soo) - 4min 28s
Lap 2 (Tampines Rd) - 11min 48s
Lap 3 (Tampines Rd) - 17min 17s
Lap 4 (Into Upp Serangoon Rd) - 21min 30s
Lap 5 (Upp Paya Lebar X-Junction) - 29min 9s
Lap 6 (Braddel Rd Junction) - 35min 51s
Lap 7 (Upp Paya Lebar Rd) - 44min 19s
Lap 8 (Home) - 49min 27s

Not bad, but I had to push hard at the end. It is about 1.5min off my best effort on this route set 2 weeks ago. I just did not want to risk pushing too hard, with the KL run just days away.

Distance Ran:20km_____Time:1hr56min_____Pace:NA
Average HR:NR_____Max HR:NR_____KCal:1,400 est.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home