Monday, March 07, 2005

Recovery run at Macritchie Northern Route

After the 21km yesterday, I decided to do a recovery run to loosen up the muscles a bit. I felt a bit sore on my tighs, thereby confirming that the KL course was rather hilly. If I didn't feel it yesterday, it was due to my good form then.



Did a quick warm up, and off I went for the 10km Northern route. Started very slowly, and ran at about what feels like 6min/km pace. All was quiet and peaceful, until the turn back from SICC into the trails. There I met a guy who was running a bit and walking some. I sped up, wanting to overtake him on the steep upslope. He saw me run past, and started to run frantically ahead. He reached the top, and slowed again. I was a bit irritated with his kiasu style, and decided to put pressure on him by running behind for the next 1km. On one of the downslopes, I up the speed and ran past him. He tried to catch up, but gave up. I was still feeling very strong at this stage.

With about 2.5km left, I ran past a walking runner. After I ran past him, I felt him starting to run. He ran with gusto. On one of the upslopes, he sped past me, and ran at a blistering pace. I up my pace to give chase. He increased pace further. He ran strong. With about 1.5km left, I decided to go all the way with him. I followed behind with a 10m gap all the way until the end at the bridge. It was a good finish. I stopped my watch, and slow jogged to my car to warm down.

Distance Ran:10km XC___Time:53:40min___Pace:5:18min/km
Average HR:146bpm___Max HR:165bpm___KCal:687

Related Posts with Thumbnails

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home