Thursday, October 20, 2005

Hills Training

After doing 2 short slow runs this week, today was the tough hillwork. We started off from the SAFRA MF Clubhouse at 6.45pm and proceeded along depot road, alexandra road then into Labrador Park. I had my HRM on today, and I ran a good steady pace in the beginning. All went smoothly, no signs of ITB tightness nore knee pain. Into Labrador Park, took the steep upslope along carpark A, and then proceeded to fo 2 rounds around the 800m labrador circle.



I ran alone most of the way, and bumped into Derrick a few times. On the way out of Labrador Park, I proceeded to run towards Mt. Faber. Have to do 3 loops up there, which I didn't think I could make, since laying off from hard running for almost a month already. On the way, Derrick asked me to look at his arm swing, and I corrected him a little. He said he was trying to practise my arm swing, and it made his running this evening very effortless. He felt strong. Lai Chee came behind me shortly, and all three of us met just before the entrance to Morse Road which leads up to Mt. Faber. I told Lai Chee, who is a very strong lady runner to follow Derrick, since I was in no position to run so fast up Mt. Faber. I went up Mt. Faber slowly as I felt really drained this evening. Not sure why, but my legs felt very weak. I barely made it for the first loop. It was hard work. I struggled through the second loop. I decided to just do 2 loops and proceeded to Cable Car Towers for a toilet break. There were renovation works going on and the toilets were closed. I had no water, and felt very weak. Fortunately it was downslope, I met Andre along the way, and I took it easy all the way to ClubHouse.

When I reached back, I was totally drained. I quickly drank water, and did cooling down. It was a tough workout for me this evening, and the good thing was my ITB did not flare up at all. My knees felt good too. I hope I can start to push a bit for the next few runs from November onwards.

Distance Ran:15km ___Time:1hr25min____Pace:5:38min/km
Average HR:158bpm___Max HR:187bpm__KCal:1,147KCal

Related Posts with Thumbnails

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home