Sunday, October 16, 2005

Sunday LSD to Sentosa

Went down to SAFRA MF today for the Sunday LSD to Sentosa. According to the training program, we were supposed to do a 27km run to Sentosa from Clubhouse, then the 10km NB Real Run Route (minus the sand), another 7km loop of the NBRR Junior course, then to Mt. Faber up Morse Road, and down the same way, before going back to the Clubhouse.

I brought a few new stuff along to try out. My new reebok cap, the Neat orthotics for Plantar Fasciitis, applied Neat #B cream to prevent chaffing. I also put on my Patt Strap as well as HRM wearlink, together with fuel belt carrying a pack of Chocolate-Caffeine flavgoured Powergel (planned to use at about halfway mark). After the relativelysmall group arrived, we started off at about 7:10am. Chairman, Yuen, Jimmy Tan, Chin, Rita, Teck Hou, Derrick, Adam, Jaime, Ong, Wong and myself were running as a pack initially. We ran around behing the Clubhouse and towards Sentosa, at about a 6min/km pace. All throughout, after entering Sentosa, we tried to maintain that pace.



After running for about 55min, we took a water break at the beach area. I took half a packet of Powergel...hmm, I liked the taste of the chocolate flavour. I did some stretching while waiting for the rest to be ready, and we carried on from there to complete the beach portion. There were a few groups of young people already up and organizing activities for the day. We were joined by Melvin and Hock Soon at about this point. We continued on, and made a smaller 7km loop, this time led by Chin and TH, as Ong went back to pace Jaime and the rest.

Chin, TH, Derrick, HS and myself soon left Sentosa and ran at a faster pace towards Mt. Faber. After running for about 2hrs, we ran up to Mt. Faber. My knees were aching at this point, due to the numeroud downslopes sustained at Sentosa itself. Nevertheless, I pushed on and made it to the top of Mt. Faber. Then it was all the way down...yucks, bad for my ITB. I minimized my pace by a lot, and did not even dare put my left leg in front. I just lifted it, and went with the flow downwards. Soon, I finished the slopes, and it was all the way back to ClubHouse. When I finally reached the finish point, I had logged 2.5hrs of actual running time. Done another LSD training for this week. Next Sunday will be a 30km location run at East Coast Parkway. I will look forward to that as the last few long runs I have to do in preparation for the marathon.

Distance Ran:27km ___Time:2hr30min____Pace:5:34min/km
Average HR:150bpm___Max HR:170bpm__KCal:1,845KCal

Related Posts with Thumbnails

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home