Thursday, September 29, 2005

Training run for StanChart 2005

The plan this evening was to run from SAFRA MF to Sentosa, through the NB Real Run Route, and then back for a distance of 18km. However, trainer Ong got a sudden attack of gout, and we decided to do a shorter one through the quiet Canterbury Estates and then to Labrador Park for an easier 13km. Good for me too, since I do not want to stretch myself too much before this Saturday's Run-Round-Singapore.

I put on my NB754, and wore the Patt Strap to try a longer distance. As we moved through the Canterbury Estates, my legs were still feeling good. My breathing was ok, and the pace was about 5:30min/km. I was just behind Alan, Derrick amd TLH. We were enjoying the slower pace, and was chatting away merrily. We were at times joined by Colleen, Adam, and a few others. There were some down-slopes along the way, and I really slowed down when I hit them. Still, after each down-slope, the front part of my knees didn't feel too good, partly could be psychological too.

As I exited out from Canterbury Estates, I would have covered 8km already. One group turned back to the ClubHouse. I carried on towards Labrador Park, and slowed down my pace slightly. My knees felt much better, and as I ran into Labrador Park, there wasn't much pain... just a feeling of strain on my left leg. The Patt Strap was really holding well, and preventing my ITB from flaring up, but I could feel the slight pull at my knees as the ITB heat up. When I came out from Labrador Park, I bumped into Colleen and her friend. We slowed the pace to about 6min/km, and my legs felt good again. We ran together for about 1km, before I went on my own back to the ClubHouse while they went to get some drinks. Another about 2.5km nice run back, where I focused on getting my form right, picking my legs up, avoiding any jarring of the feet, increasing cadence while maintaining short strides... The legs felt good all the way back.

Went back and did some light stretches, and also practised reverse-draining of the legs for 3mins. There was no pain felt, until I reached home and started descending steps. I could then feel the tightness of the IT Band, and the knees too. I proceeded to massage it, and did more stretches. As I looked back, the Patt Strap did prevent occurence of ITB flaring up during the time I was wearing it. But once it was off, the tightness and rubbing resumed. Of course, the pain and rubbing was not so acute today as compared to the time before the Chinese sin-seh attended to me. I hope the condition is improving, and I plan to probably aim for 21km for the Run-Round-Singapore on Saturday. Only if I feel good then will I carry on longer. I will see.

Distance Ran:13km ___Time:1hr15min____Pace:5:46min/km
Average HR:N/A___Max HR:N/A___KCal:900KCal est.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home