Wednesday, October 19, 2005

What The....Shoutbox

Haven't had time to blog about my runs these few days. Have been too busy and having loads of fun learning and sharing running news, info, tips, gossips, discussions and field reporting at the SgRunners Forum Shoutbox. It is the latest feature to hit the running scene in Singapore, and has set tougues wagging and stomachs cramping from the sheer joy of just reading the myriad of shouts posted by SgRunners forummers...Ultraman, Sotong, DO, BrokenRunner, flip, Bee, snail...u name it, they've got it. Do drop by and pay them a visit.

After Sunday's 27km run to sentosa, I did easy work so far. Did an easy 13km recovery run with Beverly on Monday, nothing to shout at literally. The pace was slow and I just wanted to let my legs warm up a little. This evening (Wed), I did a quicker 10km run, in slight drizzling run. Beverly started out with me, and at the halfway point, I moved ahead and finished on my own. Did the whole run in 55min, about 5:30min/km pace...ok for a warm-up run. Good thing is I didn't feel any discomfort at all from my leg leg, which has just recovered from ITBS. I did not want to stretch it too. It gave me a good chance to hone in on my form, and put some Chi-Running drills into practise. This stuff really helps to prevent over-straining and injury. I will be down at SAFRA Clubhouse to do a 16km hills run tomorrow evening, rounding off with a 30km LSD this Sunday at East Coast Park. We have a few SgRunners who will be joining the SAFRA group for this run...hmm, it should be fun. I look forward to trying out my Powergel tangerine double-caffeine flavour then.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home