Thursday, December 22, 2005

Ultra-Marathon Week

This Sunday, Dec25, Christmas Day will see me attempting my first ultra-marathon at MacRitchie - The MR25 Ultra-Marathon. As I am saving my legs for the big day, I have done some easy runs to keep the engines and legs warmed up.

Did a family run on Monday with the kids and wifey. Ran first with the kids for about 4km, taking 28mins around the neighbourhood. The pace was pretty ok, but for the kids, it was a hard workout. As they turned back to home, Beverly and I continued for another to/fro along the Lorong Ah Soo stretch covering another 5km approx. Total was about 9km for a nice evening run.

On Tuesday, did about 8km at SAFRA MF, running easy into Labrodor Park, and along Harbourfront. Had a Sgrunner friend, DiverRunner join in the run, and later had nice cakes and 100plus, before going for nice cheng tng. Another easy workout, good to keep the legs going, yet not over-stretching the effort. Divey had a nice, hard workout which she really appreciated afterwards...hehe

Went for a 5km run on the threadmill on Wed night, while waiting for the rain to stop. Once the rain stopped at about 8pm, went for a 10-lap swim with a mixture of front-crawl and breast-stroke with rest for every 50m. After that, went for nice fish soup carbo-loading.

Thursday night was raining again, and I joined friends from SgRunners (Divey, Tiwazz, DO, Yulan, Spyfish) for a nice 4km run in the rain from Funan to Kim Seng Park and back. Chatted with a number of other runners from the other groups, and there were some interesting charaters whom I did invite to come and visit the SgRunners forum. It was a pleasant run, and I hope to be able to join in the run on Thursday, if I do not have SAFRA runs on that day. After that, a few of us met up with Cokiee and cosmic at Esplanade to makan and have teh-tarik. Most of us had 2 cups, and that night saw many sleepless souls...hehe.

This Sunday is Ultra-Marathon day, and I am resting on Friday and Saturday. I hope to be fit enough and well rested to complete the 5 laps of the 10.5km MacRitchie loop. Lots of Sgrunners and some SAFRA Runners are expected to join in too. It should be a nice run for all of us, with many familiar faces running about in that small trail. Here's wishing everyone a good run on Sunday.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home