Sunday, December 11, 2005

Post Marathon Recovery Week

After resting for 4 days after Sunday's SCSM05 marathon, my legs were feeling alright and very itchy for a run. My legs were sore on Monday and Tuesday, and I had difficulty moving my and down flights of stairs. The cramps i suffered on Sunday were serious enough for the pains to linger on. By Wednesday, my legs were feeling much better, and I managed to go for a swim to get some cardio in.

On Thursday, I decided to do a 10km loop around my home since there was some time. I slipped on my new StanChart running ves, put on the Reebok cap, and away I went running under the hot sun I was perspiring furiously. My legs felt tight throughout the run, but it was good to give them a light workout as recovery. At about the usual halfway mark near my home, my timing was slower by 2mins than usual. The sun was blazing hot, but was bearable with my recent conditioning under hot sun. I finished the run in about 50mins, covering 10km. I did some light stretches, before cooling down and then went for a makan appointment.

Distance Ran:10km ___Time:50min____Pace:5min/km
Average HR:N/A___Max HR:N/A____KCal: 750 est.

Sunday will be SAFRA's first recovery run of 14km, after the SCM marathon. We started at about 7.45am with a short sharing of the marathon experience by Ong and Lai Chee. Ong shared that he found that taking walk breaks on the way to drink points will help after 32km. There was a very small turnout, with David, Derrick, Lee, Jaime and Andre forming the rest of the runners. There was still a very slight drizzle when we started, and we mostly ran at chit-chatting pace down along Ridley, then to Depmsey area, coming out onto Botanic Gardens entrance, and then turning up along Farrer Road, then to Margaret Drive area and back along Delta Canal and all the way back to clubhouse. I ran cautiously not wanting to surface any potential injury. Had a good makan and chatted about doing the ING Temple Run in march06. Trainer Ong will be coming out with the Marathon training programs for HK and KL Marathons soon, and I look forward to starting training soon.


Distance Ran:14km ___Time:1hr15min____Pace:5:21min/km
Average HR:N/A___Max HR:N/A____KCal: 1000 est.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home