Friday, November 18, 2005

The start of tapering and decreasing mileage for SCSM05

This week is the start of tapering and decreasing mileage for me ahead of SCSM05, after completing my final LSD of 39km on Sunday. I had a relatively fast recovery run at SAFRA MF on Tuesday, running to Canterbury Estates and then a loop around Labrador Park, before heading back along Telok Blangah Way. I felt good surpisingly, given the short time I had for recovery. Did 13km at 5:28min/km pace, in 1hr13min.

I met up with SgRunners in the west for a WestSide Run on Wednesday. Unfortunately, the heavy rains did not stop in time, and a group of 6 of us proceeded to the food alley along Upper Bukit Timah for very good carbo loading, and had my first milo dinosaur. It was a fun time nevertheless catching up wth running friends @ SgRunners.

I did a 16km run at Sentosa on my own where I was having a holiday with my extended family. A very nice run for me, considering that I did not run on Wednesday and had eaten quite a fair bit. I had my brother to manage the entire BBQ pits, and with all the kids in the swimming pool, I was able to do 1.5 laps of the Real Run route, skipping by the sandy portions along Tanjong and Siloso Beaches, running the roads instead. Had a very good mid-distance run of 1hr25min, 5:22min/km pace.

My final run for the week for will a 20km on Sunday from SAFRA MF Clubhouse. May extend the distance by a bit then, depending on the SgRunners I will meet at Victor's Superbowl in Marina South. Looking forward to this relaxed run.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home