Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Tempo run through Ulu Pandan Canal

WOW...Did it rain heavy today...I thought I will not get to run, but fortunately, the rain stopped and we had immaculate weather this evening for our 18km tempo run. Thr groupp wasn't big today, and many who ran 30km on Sunday were not back yet, probably still resting.

I was taking this run as recovery in a way, since I didn't run with Beverly yesterday. The SgRunners' servers were being migrated, and I had to bear with not getting up-to-date information and shouts on the system..somw kind of withdrawal symptoms showing...haha. I started with the group from SAFRA Clubhouse, and soon I was mainly running alongside Sok Hwa through Depot Road, then to Queensway, Jln Hang Jebat, Portsdown Road before arriving at Dover Road/Buona Vista Junction. From there, I ran ahead with Jim Chow pacing Sok Hwa. I was feeling good in my legs, just some aches on my shoulders and arms from the Pilates trial I had yesterday. I ran on along Dover Road, and was overtaken by Jim Chow near the end of the road.



I ran on along Clementi Road, and then onto the canal. Good relief for the legs...at least we have tarmac there, compared with the tough concrete all along the way. Ran through the 3km canal road, and went to Buona Vista MRT for a quick water break. From there, I ran all the way through Alexandra Road, Queensway, then back along Depot Road. Reached the ClubHouse in 1hr41min, and Derrick, Jim Chow and Chua had reached earlier. Sok Hwa came in just after me. Did my warm down, stretched my ITB, and did some reverse-leg draining. I felt good throughout the run, and there was little pain in my ITB & knees. Good, the form is improving.

Distance Ran:18km ___Time:1hr41min____Pace:5:38min/km
Average HR:156bpm___Max HR:170bpm__KCal:1,342KCal

Related Posts with Thumbnails

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home