Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Hitting The Hills

My legs still felt tired after the Sunday LSd of 32km....not enough rest again, I guess. This evening, we were to do hill runs to Kent Ridge Hill & Mt. Faber. I put on my Patt Sstrap for fear my ITB may act up again. Just as we were about to start at 7pm, it started to rain. After waiting for about 10min, we proceeded amidst slight drizzle.

As I ran, I felt strong. I upped my pace and soon was with the 2nd group of Ong, Derrick, Lai Chee. Alan had zoomed ahead (he is a lot stronger since his run at the Nairobi Marathon)...my is he fast or what. Kumaran had a hard time trailing Alan. We ran a good pace all the way through Portsdown Rd, then up onto Kent Ridge hills. I did 4 loops of those hills, and it was really great for the lungs. However I was careful on the downslopes. My ITB did not act up, and it seemed that the Patt Strap really helped. I took a quick toilet break, and gathered with the group on top of Kent Ridge Park. We had by then ran about 9km in 52min...not a bad pace at all.

From there, we proceeded down slope and all the way to Morse Road and then Mt. Faber. Along the way, Teck Hou asked me about my running blog, and we chatted a little. He soon went on to catch up with the frontrunners. We took a quick break at the Shell Petrol station at the foot of Mt. Faber, before proceeding up Morse Road. This is the longest route up Mt. Faber, and we estimated it to be a 300-400m 55deg climb...relatively steep. I chugged along and made it up in one good piece, and from there decided to do just the single loop, and ran all the way back to clubhouse. It was a painless run on my knees, thanks to the Patt Strap. I shall try the strap again for the Sunday 40km LSD to see how far it will bring me.

Distance Ran:17km ___Time:1hr38min____Pace:5:47min/km
Average HR:N/A___Max HR:N/A____KCal: 1,210 est.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home