Thursday, November 24, 2005

Tapering Week 1: Run into Sentosa

I was not feeling too well today. Went to see a doctor, and he prescribed me with a bag of medicine and told me to rest at home (MC). Also went to Amanda's school to collect her PSLE results. She has done very well and will apply probably to the top girl's school. I was also supposed to meet up with SgRunner DO aka David to help him sign-up for SAFRA Running Club membership as well as do a tapering run with him to Sentosa.

I was feeling quite ok, albeit with a runny nose and a ticklish throat. Met up with DO at abt 6.30pm, and intoduced some of the SAFRA runners to DO. We started running at about 6.50pm, while the sky was still bright. We did quite a fast pace, led by trainer Ong, Teck Hou and Derrick. Freddy was also up in front. DO and myself were just right behind. As I ran, I felt better and soon was running quite fast once we got into Sentosa. Chin and Freddy also got into the front pack, and soon we lost the rest of the runners. We did part of the Real Run Route. After 25min of running, we were at the Beach toilet point for our break. A real quick one here, and off went our front group of runners. DO mentioned later that we did a blistering pace, and I felt so too. It was the pent-up energy in the few front-runners that really pushed the group to run so fast. Anyway, it was supposed to be 12km.

We made a wrong turn and ended up running quite a few slopes. I was panting a little already. Soon we found our way out, and it was speedy all the way out too. I led DO to run a slightly shorter way back to ClubHouse. I finished the run strong. My legs felt fine, except for a badly bruised toe which is a irritation. I hope the toe will recover in time for SCSM. Bumped into the Saucony sales person and we had a good chat with her, and I might get a pair for next year's training. Went dinner with the group, and DO joined us as well.

Distance Ran:13km ___Time:1hr10min____Pace:5:24min/km
Average HR:N/A___Max HR:N/A____KCal: 800 est.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home