Sunday, November 20, 2005

Sunday Tempo Run To Marina South

This was a fine Sunday for a mid-distance run. I was scheduled to run from SAFRA MF to Marina South, meet up with a few SgRunners arriving from ECP and The Esplanade, do a 5km loop run, before heading back to SAFRA Clubhouse. I woke up slightly later, felt fresh, took a cup of coffee and a banana, and headed to the SAFRA. There was quite a big turnout today, including some runners from Tiong Bahru as well as friends of Francis. Andre also brought a friend along. I bumped into runalone/Freddy who has just joined SAFRA Running Club.

After a photo taking session to celebrate Wong's birthday, we started off at 7.30am. Immediately Kumaran, Jimmy Chow and Derrick sped off. Freddy also went ahead with Ong. I also upped my pace as I had to get to Victor's Superbowl by 8.15am to meet up with SgRunners. It was a good 5.30min/km pace for me. I ran along Keppel Rd, then onto Shenton Way and met Colleen and William which was waiting near the MAS Building. They had awoken late, and was there to meet up. The 3 of us ran along into Marina South, and chatted about the couple's preparations for their new home. As we entered Marina South, I saw Bug, Slacker & Flip running in the opposite direction. Bug mentioned that the SgRunners were already at Victor's. I increased pace and soon reached Victor's and I saw that the rear group was already there...probably they took the shorter route. As I ran in I saw Tiwazz and Bee. I went to the toilet for a refill of water, and when I came out the whole SgRunners gang of Brokie, Sotong, leh-lio girl, Roger, Alvo, cosmic_wind, 136 commando was gathered. We gathered and exchanged greetings, and soon runalone and CheeryRunner/Jaime also came to say hello. We heard the renohtaram/Chris had turned back because of an injury, and we decided to go for our loop run.

We ran a good 2 loops around Marina South covering about 6km in 35min. It was a fun run and we chatted as we went. Hmm...leh-lio is not bad a runner, this being the first time I see her run. Bee is good too. 136 which had run 40km yesterday, was very sporting to join us for the loop run. The pace was good at about 5.20min/km. Brokie was looking strong and I remarked she could make her PB again for her 21km at SCSM05. After the loop run, we shared some 100plus, talked shop for a good 15min before running out of Marina South. As we reached Shenton Way, I waved all goodbye as I headed left towards Keppel Road. The rest were running towards Esplanade and some will go on back to ECP. I was on my own again, as I ran at a good easy pace. The sun was up, but wasn't as bad as last week. There was good cloud cover. When I reached the ClubHouse, I was just in time to join in the cake celebrations for Wong. I had some 100plus, a piece of cake, and some water melon. It was a good run for me today. I covered about 26km with a good mid-section of rest in between. For this coming week, I suspect I will be doing a lot more shorter runs, hopefully on more days, as part of my tapering mileage.

Distance Ran:26km ___Time:2hr25min____Pace:5:35min/km
Average HR:N/A___Max HR:N/A____KCal: 2,000 est.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home