Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Tapering Week 1: 2 Short runs

The countdown is ON. 12 days to D-Day...SCSM05. Started this week with a recovery run yesterday around my estate. Did a 11km in what might me the best weather I have experienced in a long time. I was chatting with Beverly, that if such weather occus on race day, many people will do their PBs. Beverly also is getting motivated with all this training, and she is planning to do a 21km next year...hmmm, I guess that should be the max I am encouraging her to do for now. Finished the run in much faster timing than normal, about 1hr6min...approx 6min/km pace.

This evening did a 10km tempo run at SAFRA down to Ridley Park, to Dempsey and then looping back along Tanglin Rd and back through the Zion Canal. We started off in light rain at 6.50pm, and I ran mostly all through at about 5-5:15min/km pace, wanting to get some faster tempo in for this short run. Finished the whole run in good form, feeling very good, and had a nice dinner with the SAFRA gang after.

Will be doing another short one this Thurday to Sentosa. Sunday will be a 16km to/fro Botanic Gardens. I have arranged to meet SgRunners at BG to do our loop runs, and then go and try the teh-tarik and pratas at The Prata Place near SMU. I will take the opportunity to check out the track and swimming pool plus facilities at SMU.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home