Wednesday, March 22, 2006

A Chop Chop Time Trial

haha...what are you thinking about? On Wed, as part of the MK Climbathon Program, we did a initial stair-climb time trial at the famous 40-storey blocks at Toa Payoh. For the privacy of residents, I shall not specify the block numbers...hehe. About 10 of us regular Climbathoners gathered at the block by 7pm, and I started in the first detail. The stairs are a tad lower than those at Suntec City Towers, and the ventilation was slightly better.

I ran up the first 8 floors using using double-steps, then walked up using double-steps till about 20 floors, when I took a breather by switching to single steps. About 3 floors of single steps, and I switched back to double-steps again. Did another 2 floors of single-steps at 33rd floor, before finishing the 40floors with double-steps. Reached the top in 5min06sec. Not too bad for an initial effort. Of course a few of the faster climbers did it in about 4min30sec. My time will form a base for future monthly time trials to measure my improvement in this area. Finished the whole activity is less than 30min. Chop Chop it was :).

Related Posts with Thumbnails

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home