Thursday, May 04, 2006

A Easy Week

This has been a pretty slack week for me, in terms of running mileage is concerned. Because the Climbathon runs have ben rescheduled to Tuesday and Thursday, and the number of running days cut short, the corresponding mileage has diminished too.

Tuesday 02/05:
It was May Day on Monday, and the Climbathon Training was scheduled for Tuesday, which clashes with MF Training. I decided to go for the Climbathon run training at Labrador Park, shuttling from MF ClubHouse. Met DO at 6.15am at ClubHouse, had brief chats with cm, ws, Jimmy before running off towards LP. I was nursing a sore throat and was taking it easy. Did a slow 3km jog to LP and met up with Mida, Wilna the team managers, and Sim, Tim, Roland, Yulan, Henry, Yee Sheng, the team members. Since the originally planned route of Kent Ridge Hill was wet and slippery, we ran loops around LP instead. We ran to various parts including the wooden bridge areas, Jetty as well as the tunnels, many of these I have not ran before, though I have joined the MF team to LP for training many times. We did about 8km at LP before calling it off, and I had Gatorade and H2O. We discussed a bit about our upcoming trainings at Mt. Faber and climbing up Morse Road. The team managers were going to do a recce at the Bukit Timah Reserves to identify suitable training areas for Climbathon training from July. DO and I bade farewell by 8.15pm and ran back to ClubHouse, and by 8.45pm all the SAFRA MF runners were back from their Queenstown speedwork. They all had a good workout. I joined the MF runners for dinner at the usual place.

Thursday 04/05: Had a second Climbathon run this week on Thursday at SAFRA MF. The plan was to run a similar route with the SAFRA Runners, and thereafter, meet together for makan. DO, Rolamd, Henry, Tim, Sabrina, Xavier and myself were present. There was a large turnout of SAFRA Runners, and I had a chi-chat with some of them. We started off our run along Henderson Road towards Harbourfront, and ascended Morse Road. Because this was the first time some of the members were running the route, DO and I ran slower to lead them on up to MF top. Once up, we saw Hamidah and Sabrina waiting for us. Mida had a brief talk with us, before we proceeded on our own to finish the rest of the 15km. I went ahead down the slopes of Morse Road, and once out Harbourfront again, I was running alone till I caught up with Divey. She was huffing quite a bit, and I ran alongside her for a while just to slack a little...hehe. Divey might have started out too fast, and was breathing short. I told her to slow her pace to take long breaths, and by the time we approached ClubHouse, she had recovered sufficiently for a second wind. From there, I moved ahead for the remaining 5km loop back along Henderson Road, Harbourfront and Telok Blangah Way. I increased pace to give a final hard workout. Once at the ClubHouse, gathered with the SAFRA Runners. Xavier joined us for dinner, and had a fine time mingling with some of the runners whom he knew back at Bukit Merah ClubHouse.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home