Wednesday, April 12, 2006

CBD Run

Tuesday 11/4: Found some time to finally join in the SgRunners CBD run. A group of 13 (Bee, Tiwazz, Kops21, Charlotte, cosmic, DO, sxuanjing, jamessoh, RealRunner, Meteor, Divey, Bee Leng, Dream) turned up for the run, with some coming later due to work commitment (SV, nemo) or down with flu (kickjazz). I could feel that these runners are dedicated and committed towards running as a healthy lifestyle. We ran from Tanjong Pagar MRT along Marina South, then into the Marina City Park. I brought along my adiZero for its second run, and it does get better and better. It was the first time I ran into this Park...hmm, seems quiet but nice. Charlotte and DO were leading the pack with me enjoying a nice pace behind them, and Divey, Bee Leng, and a few others behind. We took a break at the Sun Dial....nice view.

We then took a small trail out, crossed the road into The Esplanade area. Divey, Bee Leng and me decided to run a little more, and we turned left towards Kallang Sea Sports area and turned back at the 2nd toilet.
Some body sensing along the way told me the adiZero really provided good enough cushion without the weight. Bee Leng said that Adidas running shoes are actually not too bad. Hmm... I am beginning to like my adiZero more....hahaha. From there we took a nice scenic run along The Marina and Esplanade, before Bee Leng left us to do some speedwork...wow! We continued on to meet the rest back at start point. SV, Charlotte, nemo, kickjazz were there providing good support with bananas, 100plus and yoghurt. Divey estimated we ran about 11km in 1hr20min. I took a cup of 100plus and joined the group for dinner at The MaxWell Market. Overall a nice relaxed, recovery run in cool weather, with great running company.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home