Sunday, April 02, 2006

Recovery & Intervals

Sunday 2/4: I had planned to go for the MR25 Time Trial on Sunday. However heavy rains came about 2hrs before the run. I had to call of the run, since I did not want to risk any injury on the muddy trails. Heard from RealRunner that a lady did slip and twisted her ankle..ouch. RR himself, applying some techniques of Chi Running, did an outstanding 20:50min time...without any injury whatsoever. Whoa! I went for a 10km recovery run with Beverly instead. We enjoyed the cool weather after the rains, and did the loop in about 60min. Expanded some excess calories, so hmm, we could have curry fish head for dinner yet again...hehe

Monday 3/4: Another rainy evening on Monday. Just the 5 of us turned up for our inaugural Climbathon training run at Bishan Stadium. Xavier, Sim, Sabrina, Henry and myself did a 9km recce run to Bishan Stadium in cool after-rain weather. The Climbathon training organization is sponsoring us for the upcoming DXO Dual-thlon and possibly the registration fees and running gear at the NB Pacesetters 15Km run in KL. The training is now stretching to 3 times a week, which I think is difficult to schedule for me because of the tight commitments I have. I will have to play by ear as we move along.

Tuesday 4/4: It rained for the third consecutive day on Tuesday. I had my first interval training with the SAFRA MF team since January. There was a large turnout, and we almost occupied most of Queenstown Stadium. We did a slow 4km jog as warm-up to Queenstown Stadium. I did 5 sets as follows:
1.6km - 6:24min
800m - 3:00min
800m - 3:09min
400m - 1:29min
400m - 1:23min
The average pace worked out to be about 1:35min/400m which translates to a 3:58min/km pace. At least I know the effort needed to sustain a 4min/km pace; not easy for me at this moment. I enjoyed the hard workout. I would like to set a goal of maintaining a 4min/km pace for as long as 5km for future intervals...hmm, not sure if I can progress to that.
We ran back to Clubhouse for another 4km. The first km was a little tiring, as I was clearing lactic acide from my legs. As we ran into depot road, I felt much stronger and had a smooth run all the way back.

Thursday 6/4: Went for a 13km run with The Running Lab around Fort Canning Park/ Esplanade area. It rained again, and stopped just before the run...haha. There was supposed to be a Nike Trial, but it didn't happen. Those who went for the run got a pair of Nike socks instead...hmm, not bad at all. Teen and her friend Jas joined in the run yesterday. Great to see Teen again, and it seemed that she has maintained her running all this while. She will join us at SAFRA MF at least once a week again....good for her. Divey, DO, IMD, Dasher, the VRP gals were all there. Eddie led a good run through nice cool weather. Because there were no shoes for me, I had to put on my retired Asics GT2090 (already 1200km)...haiz. I did have a new piece of sof sole to help cushion off the mileage. DO and I went an extra 4km to/fro the second bridge after The Esplanade, and according to DO's HRM, we were doing an average 5:30min/km pace. It felt quite hard for that last 5km...a good workout. Had a fun time at the dinner table talking shop, discussing the PaceSetter's 15km run, and trying out some nice 'beauty' drinks...hehe.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home