Friday, March 24, 2006

Another humid evening run

Did a 13km tempo run on Thursday from SAFRA MF to the old Tanglin Camp around the Dempsey Road area. The turnout was smaller; some were taking a break from training while others are preparing for their biathlon event this weekend. I put on my HRM wearlink to get a gauge of my recent fitness levels. Also put on my pedometer to get an estimate of the distance we will cover. We ran through Tiong Bahru Park, then towards the Lower Delta canal, out along Margaret Drive before cutting through the Swettenham private housing estates and coming out into the Tanglin area. Some of us at the front group while waiting for the rest to join us, were discussing about how we will eat/drink at one of those nice outlets that have sprung up in that old army camp area. It was quite a nice run in very humid weather and some haze.

When the rest of the group, cm, san, yean, jimmy and eh joined us, we ran back along Ridley Park, back along the Delta Canal. I followed the front group of Kumaran, Derrick, sChua to run an extra 1km before joining up with the rest around Tiong Bahru Park, and then making it back to ClubHouse. I felt tired though, and breathing was quite heavy; most probably due to the haze and the humid weather, coupled with the many consecutive days of running/climbing I had. I will take a rest till Sunday's World Harmony Run. My pedometer showed 11.7km.. Those with Polar footpods showed we ran 13km, and thats the distance according to my past recordings of that route as well......hmm, may need to calibrate the stride length of my Pedometer to a smaller number. cm led us through a series of good stretches and leg raises. I was dripping wet with perspiration...a very humid night indeed. Had nice Cheng Tng at the food centre, along with my 'red rice-wine chiken' mee-sua...yummy! I was discussing and jio-ing people for the New Balance Pacesetters 15km Race in KL, May21. It seemed that a number are interested, and we may even drive up for a makan/shop/run/makan-along-the-way experience; have to wait and see if a certain experienced guide will want to drive up, and I can tag along...hehe

Related Posts with Thumbnails

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home