Tuesday, June 13, 2006

My latest pair of road runners


My Mizuno Waverider 9

Yes, got a new pair of Mizuno Waverider 9. It is my first pair of Mizuno runners and also the latest model of the very popular Wave Rider series, for neutral-arch runners....thanks to Carmen :)

I immediately put it on for my training run this evening. It felt snug and was very light on the feet. I did a 15km run comprising the 10km MF loop, plus an additional 5km loop around Henderson/Harbourfront/ Telok Blangah Way. The shoes felt good throughout the run, though it could do with more forefoot cushioning..hehe, maybe I am too pampered by forefoot cushioning in my Cumulus and Adizero. The heel cushioning in WR9 is good, and when navigating the downslopes of MF, the heel cushion gave me a good ride as I tend to heel more on downslopes. I did not feel much heat generated, except for a bit in the top of the forefoot, but that was not conclusive. I believe the shoes will fit even more snugly as I break it in up to 100km. Meanwhile, my Adizero will go with me for Phuket Marathon.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home