Thursday, May 25, 2006

Back to back runs

I did a series of back-back runs this week, after taking a break on Monday due to work commitments. I had low mileage last week, and felt I needed to make up for the distance this week.

Tuesday 22/05: I did a 11km run in the evening prior to my meeting with some guests. Because I was running alone, I did a tempo run and covered the distance in 52min. I felt satisfied, and was about to wash up, when I received a call that my guests wanted to postpone the meeting. I then went down to SAFRA MF to join in a 12km run into Kent Ridge Hill. There was a large group of runners who had gathered. I just wanted to join in for a slow run, since I already did 11km just before. I took off slowly, and chatted with Adam about the Pacesetters 15km run. I enjoyed the Pacesetters run thoroughly, and was already planning to go for next Jan's Pacesetters 30km run. As I ran into Kent Ridge Park from Jln Hang Jebat, I could feel the heaviness of my legs. I guess my glycogen levels were quite low after my earlier 11km run. I continued to chug along the slopes, and fortunately, we just did 1 set. We gathered at the tank on top of the hill for a breather. I was sharing with Colleen, William and a few others about Pacesetters run...and they too were interested to join in their races the next time. I ran down the steep slopes of Bukit Chandu cautiously, and then along Pasir Panjang. On the final stretch on Henderson Road, I was totally drained. I chugged on slowly, and was glad to finally reach ClubHouse. It was a draining run for me. I must have burnt much calories...haha.
Distance Ran (1): 11km ____Time: 52min_____Pace:4:44min/km
Distance Ran (2): 12km ___Time: 1hr05min___Pace:5:25min/km


Wednesday 23/05: I missed Monday's Climbathon training session due to work. So I had to do this training, and was rewarded with a 16km run from Bishan Stadium through Bishan Park, then to LPR and turning into OUTR, and looping back at the end of OUTR. My legs still felt heavy, after last evenings 23km run. After a brief by Hamidah and Carmen, the team started off. IMD joined us for this evening's training...nice to have Ben join us. We started off at an easy pace, led by DO and Tim along Bishan Park. I was contented to run mid-pack, and chatted with IMD for a bit. Henry was lucky to have won the lucky draw to participate at the pretigious New York Marathon in November. As we ran through Bishan Park, we had a good chat about MK Climbathon and Monday's training. I left my fuel belt behind, and when we reached LPR, we took a drink at the toilets. From there DO, Tim and I ran a contant 5min/km pace along OUTR till the end, and turning back. We estimated that it was 1.5km from the Main Gate at UPR to the end of OUTR...which meant adding on 3km to our usual 13km route. On the return leg, Tim sped ahead with DO following from a distance. I lagged a little as I was feeling quite drained. At the toilets, I took another much-needed drink, and told DO to move ahead first. On the way back along Bishan Park, I followed DO from a distance, and after running what felt like a hard last 4km, we finally reached back to Bishan Stadium. My watch showed we took about 1hr28min, including some stops. I felt quite drained, but was satisfied with the hard workout.
Distance Ran: 16km ____Time: 1hr28min_____Pace:5:30min/km

Thursday 25/05: Did the Running Lab run with Beverly joining in for the first time. We ran about 8.3km along Fort Canning, then into the stretches leading to Clarke Quay, turning back at Kim Seng Bridge. Most of the RL runners started off quite fast...hmm, they have improved by quite a fair bit. IMD, Divey, Beverly and myself were running for the stretch up to Fort Canning, before Dino came and led us the way...It was a nice stretch, and Beverly thoroughly enjoyed the run. We did the usual nice stretch routine, led by Eddie, which all enjoyed. A nice recovery run...will rest and carbo load in preparation of my 36km LSD this Sunday.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

2 Comments:

At 12:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my GOD!!!!!
U mean u did a tempo run 11k before the tue 12k run with safra MF group...Wat can i say.......... I m totally impressed! cant tell u r tired. u looked fresh and energetic!
Hee...this sun 36km. Wow,U r our hero man!
Ya btw, so nice to have Beverly joining us! too bad i cant chat with her as i rushed back after the run..catch her again ok!

 
At 5:05 PM, Blogger The DreamRunner said...

babymon, I was feeling quite tired during the mf run lah...I may look fresh only...hehe

Understand that you have to rush for HOT date...no problem... next time can chat more okie :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home