Monday, May 15, 2006

MK Climbathon Training Continues...

I will be doing mainly Climbathon Training at Labrador Park this week, and then going into KL this weekend for the PaceSetter's 15km race. Mileage for this week will be lower as I will be skipping my LSD (hope to make up for it somehow), instead, I will be doing a lot more shorter, intensive runs.

Monday 15/05:
After Sunday's 32km LSD, I did a 10km slow recovery run around my estate. Also took the opportunity to accompany Beverly on her weekly run, and score some brownie points...hehe. A very easy 6min/km pace, with me running ahead at 2-3km chunks, and then walking to wait for Beverly to catch up at traffic junctions. It helped to clear the accumulated lactic acid, as well as maintained my metabolism...still a useful workout as part of a Marathon training program :)

Tuesday 16/05: This evening was the Climbathon Training at Labrador Park, in a prelude to Thursday's Monthly Time Trial. I met up with David at MF ClubHouse, before slow jogging 3km down to Labrador Park to meet the team. The SAFRA Runners were to do their gruelling speedwork at Queenstown Stadium....so I won't be joining them then. Reached Labrador park at about 7pm, and most of the team were there with Mida taking attendance and chatting. IMD Ben joined us for this training, whilst BabyMon told us she will join next week. We started off promptly at 7pm to do 5 sets of slopes up the Tunnels area, starting from the side of the Park (which is the steeper end). We should see Olive Restaurant at the top before running down the steep slope at the Carpark and then along the road leading back to the Park...estimated about 1.2km loop. The first 2 sets were good, and I worked up a good sweat and heavy breathing. By the third time we hit the upslopes, my legs felt heavy, and thats when IMD ran past me and Dave. IMD was indeed strong. I just chugged along and I joined DO at the top for a much needed water break. We continued on to finish the last 2 sets. The sky was dark by then. As I ran the downslopes, I was very wary and took it slowly. Some of the guys were literally jumping and leaping off...wow, not very good to chiong down those downslopes.

I finished the final 5th set racing IMD (who came out to support us) to the finish...checked with Mida who reported I did 39min47sec for the whole 5 sets...estimated to be about 6km, with at least 1km of slopes. We had a nice chat with the guys after that. IMD liked the workout and would like to join us for more such Climbathon trainings. He recommended we do more stairs of 2 and 3-steps, since MK has lots of steps with different heights. We also discussed about giving Real Run a miss this year to avoid getting injured in the sand portion; I probably will join SgRunners for some trial runs in Sentosa to soak in the atmosphere instead. After our round of Gatorade, Dave and I jogged back another 3km to MF ClubHouse. This time we were early, and had to wait a good 30min before the rest of SAFRA Runners came back from their Speedwork. We later met up with Bug at the food centre, where Bug did a 30km run from West to ECP MacD and back.... whoa, he has finally conquered his mental demon...good for Bug.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home