Tuesday, May 19, 2009

SAFRA Tampines Location Run 2009

It was nice to join the SAFRA Tampines runners for the annual SAFRA Running Club location run on Sunday. A good time to meet with running kakis and friends from the various SAFRA RC locations (MF, Tampines, Toa Payoh and Yishun). I met David Shum and Dave Poh the first thing I arrived. Understood from Shum that he was real busy lately, and I wish him all the best, and that his challenges can be resolved with good solutions.

The scenic route brought us to the nice parks of Pasir Ris and Elias. It was my first experience running in Pasir Ris Park, and it sure was nice.....there were even ponies in a small farm along the way. We covered some parts of the Pasir Ris connector; took the opportunity to discuss about Sundown Support at the end of May. I was heartened to learn that Sean had dropped 10kg, and Chun had eased off by 5kg since joining the Team FatBird NightHawk marathon training. They seemed all ready to tackle the big race on May30, and had joined us for this recovery session at Tampines. irunalot, Min, Beng, Suan and a few other friends were there to soak in the atmosphere too.

I enjoyed the run thoroughly, catching up and chatting up with Wong, Julie, Teck Hou, Colleen, William, Eng Hwa, Ironman Chua, from the Mt. Faber clan; Helen, Sam, Divey, Rita, Robert, Shirlyn, Priscilla, Edmund and the Tampines group; Vincent and his team from Toa Payoh. Lots of Sng Paos (Sng Muay, Mango, Soursop flavours) and Endurox drinks served at the many rest points made it like a picnic on a easy Sunday morning.....nice! Edmund will be doing his first Sundown 42km...I wish him a good race. After the run, the customary breakfast servings of bee hoon completed the morning.

Terry and Spencer came down to visit, and we proceeded on to the nearby Bedok Food Centre for their famous Kway Chap....looked delicious....I was so thirsty I downed a iced milo and sugar cane juice, making my tummy all bloated....hehe. The next SAFRA RC location run will be back to my base at Mt. Faber, and I hope to be able to make an appointment for that...till then :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home