Thursday, March 03, 2011

Nike LunarElite2+: First Impressions

LunarElite+2 Profile: Source Nike Singapore

I have not tried some of the new Nike shoes since my last review of the inaugural LunarGlide+ series. Recently, I managed to find time to an invitation for a test-drive of Nike's latest LunarElite2+. Since it will not be fair to review any shoe with just 1-2 short runs, I can only provide my 'First Impressions' of the LunarElite2+.

A short briefing on the technicals of the shoe was given to the few of us, before we joined the Nike Run Club for a 5km run around the city fringes of Orchard Road.

Compared with its predecessor, the latest LunarElite+ is lighter (at 10Oz for Mens US10), more flexible and better fitting. It kept the same responsive cushioning in Dynamic Support System, upper secure fit with Flywire technology and flex grooves along the bottom of the shoe for increased flexibility and smoother heel-toe transition.

The shoes flexed well on the mid-foot region, giving it the softer feel than its predecessor, although I still find it a tad stiff compared with neutral cushioned trainers. The LunarElite+2 professes to give a balance of light feel, responsiveness, mid-foot cushion, less heel and reasonable breath-ability. While the narrower width did not bother me (in fact I felt it to be rather snug), it did affect some of the testers who needed a wider fit for the asian feet.

I found that the heel and overall shoe-drop was lower, giving a closer-to-ground feeling, providing quite a decent ride. I would have liked it to be more responsive (like the LunarGlide) since the shoe aspires to be more a performance trainer.

Overall, this is a lighter, softer shoe than some its predecessor and the LunarEclipse+. The arch wrap provided a snug fit for me, with the low heel just good enough to waste the extra weight. Mid-foot cushioning was ample, but could do with more responsiveness if I were to bring this baby for longer rides. As they say, 'the proof of the pudding is in the eating'...more will be revealed as the LunarElite+2 are taken on longer distances and training runs.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home