Tuesday, June 28, 2005

A new 13km route via Margaret Drive

This evening we tried a slightly different route. We started off prompt at 7pm, and headed straight towards Tiong Bahru, passed the park, then ran along the canal route towards the Ridley Park area.

Foo and I turned right and when I told him that we were supposed to be going towards Margaret Drive, he gestured to turn back. We went back towards the first traffic light, and met up with Paul and the rest of the group again. From there, we took off, with Ong and Kumaran running up ahead, then followed by the group of Foo and Paul, with me trailing behind. As I was not familiar with this new route, I followed the quick pace.

Near to Margaret Drive, we took a turn into a car park, and then a trail leading into a exclusive private estate of lagr houses. We came out of Peel Rd, then ran along the stretch of Sweetenham Rd. As we were running pretty fast, I didn't have much time to admire the nice large houses. I will come back again next time at a more casual pace, and then enjoy the lush scenery in this area. We exit this estate into the old army camp at Dempsey Road. From here, it was familiar territory. I told Paul to move on and not wait for me, since I know my way back now.

I followed Paul out onto Minden Road, and from there, I took the usual route back along Ridley Rd area, Henderson Rd, and all the way back to ClubHouse. The pace this evening was fast, as I was intending to use it as a trial for my upcoming Milk Run this Sunday.

Distance Ran:13km___Time:1hr08min___Pace:5:15min/km
Average HR:N/A____Max HR:N/A____KCal:850 est.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home