Tuesday, June 14, 2005

A Rainy Evening Run To Labrador Park

This evening saw a big turnout of runners at SAFRA Mt. Faber. Sometimes there could be few, but on some days like this this evening, there were like 20+ runners. All the lady runners were out in full force, with the notable exception of Teen who was tied up with work commitments.

When we started off at 7pm, it started to drizzle. We carried on anyway, and very soon, I was chatting with Eng Hwa along depot road. As we hit Canterbury Estate, I started to try to catch up with the front group. Sok Hwa was running close behind as well. Very soon, I saw Hock Soon in front, and moved close to him. I am now a lot more familiar with the tranquil Canterbury Estate, an enclave of exclusive private houses with mainly Ang Mohs living in them. Most of them have large canines as pets and protectors of the house. I am always a bit wary when I see those big dogs moving around the estate.



Near the exit from Canterbury, I caught up with the group of Adrian, Akira, Kumaran, etc. We proceeded to move into Labrador Park, and I ran two rounds of the 800m lap. In fact I was planning to just do one lap, and when Foo came along and mentioned that he was going for lap 3, I decided to do one more lap. On the exit from Labrador, I met Jaime aka Xiao Mei. She mentioned that she was waiting for the rest of the group. I proceeded to run out of Labrador Park, and all the way back to the ClubHouse. Though the weather was good today, I felt a bit lethargic, and wasn't quite in the mood to run too long. Looking at the time covered, I estimated that I ran about 13km, quite enough for a weekday run.

Distance Ran:13km___Time:1hr15min___Pace:5:46min/km
Average HR:160bpm____Max HR:175bpm____KCal:1020

Related Posts with Thumbnails

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home