Thursday, May 26, 2005

Weekly SAFRA Thursday Run

This evening was another great time for running. A large group gathered at the SAFRA Telok Blangah ClubHouse, and we welcomed back a few runners who have been noticeably absent of late. Chairman announced that we will go up Labrador Hill and then followed by Telok Blangah Hill. I was just telling Jimmy Chow earlier that we shouldn't be doing hills, since we did the Rolling Hills just on Tuesday.

I was relish my weekday runs in the evening. It gives me a good workout, after a hard day's work. It also helps me burn calories, and maintain a fit posture and health. As usual, I was running on my own after anbout 2km. I then encountered Derek coming up from behind, asking me to increase my leg cadence. This was just before we entered Labrador Park. Upon crossing the road into Labrador Park, I increased my pace and rushed up the slope towards carpark A, with Derek overtaking me on the way up. We ran a hard pace, and I was panting as I reached the top. After having a good recovery on the down slope, I went on to run 3 laps of 800m around Labrador Park.



From there, I exited Labrador Park, and the skies were dark already. I ran past EH and Corrine on the way out, and then caught up with Chairman and Teen along the main road nearing Henderson Road. I asked Teen whether she was going up Telok Blangah Hill, and she said not for the night. She was quite drained as it was. I gave Ten a high-five, and ran towards Telok Blangah Hill. It was a struggle up the hill, as my legs were quite tired by then. On the long upslope, I overtook 2 other runners, and when I reached the top, I saw Wong and Yean. I then went on to do 2 rounds at the top of Telok Blangah Hill. I met the rest of the SAFRA runners like Adam, Paul and HS running in the reverse direction from me. I sped to a fast finish to the ClubHouse, very satisfied with the hard workout.

Distance Ran:12km___Time:1hr7min___Pace:5:36min/km
Average HR:159bpm____Max HR:173bpm____KCal:930

Related Posts with Thumbnails

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home