Monday, May 09, 2005

Slow Recovery Run @ Home

The weather this evening was warm. However, I promised to run with my wife, Beverly, since she has not been running for the past 2 weeks. I was to take this as my slow, recovery run.

Rushed back home, and got ready by 7pm. Put on my HRM to measure my heart rate for a slow pace.



Beverly was really out of sorts, after the 2 week layoff. Though she continued with her aerobics and kick-boxing classes at Amore, they were in no way substitutes for a good, cardio, running workout. With nearly 3km to go, she wanted to give up. I reminded her that we have to maintain a steady running schedule if possible. We cannot skip, and attempt to do it all at once. It just doesn't work that way. Moreover, it was more important to run slow and long, than to attempt to run fast, but cannot keep pace, falling short. That is the way to build Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR) and increase calorie-burning efficiency. I pushed her, and in the end, she was glad to have finished. We had a hearty dinner when we got back, followed by a good dessert of sweet potato soup. We had burned sufficient calories to continue to snack on some nuts and chips later.

I noted that I burned 760KCal (recorded by HRM) as opposed to 710KCal for similar distance (10km) yesterday. Hoever, I stayed on the ground much longer this evening.


Distance Ran:10km___Time:1hr10min___Pace:7min/km
Average HR:132bpm____Max HR:154bpm____KCal:760

Related Posts with Thumbnails

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home