Sunday, April 24, 2005

26km long run from MacRitchie To Bukit Timah

There were only 6 of us for this sunday's morning run. As Chairman didn't come last weekend, he probably felt like doing longer. The plan was for us to run at a comfortable pace to Bukit Timah visitor centre, via the MacRitchie Northern Route; and then back the same way.

Gula, our regular weekend runner suggested we try to take a different trail route from the one we normally take. I felt it was a good idea to try some new routes. We started off at 7am, and I was running at a slower pace this morning, behind Yen San and her husbacnd, as well as Hock Soon. It was really nice running easy along the Northern Route. When we reached the road, it was 22min. At this point, Derek went ahead, and I joined him along the series of steep slopes. Just before the turn into the trail again to Bukit Timah (now, I finally know where to turn in), we waited for Yen San, Hock Soon and the rest to catch up.


HR for Part 1 of run

We then went along the dirt track, and I was running strong (probably good reserves from the big Ivin's dinner I had with family last nite). Very soon, I ran ahead and hit the road, and I turned left towards along the main road towards Bukit Timah. When I was almost there, I suddenly remembered that Gula mentioned that we might take another new trail. I stopped, and walked back to meet Derek and then checked with Chairman. Thiam Huat asked us to run ahead and wait at the Guard Post. Once we all assembled at the Guard Post, we ran to the new trail. It was full of cyclists, and we were running carefully. We passed by Hindhede walk, The Quarry, and very soon, we realized the Hock Soon and the rest were behind. we waited and before long, they caught up. We then proceeded on, and after about 2km, we realized that we were off-trail (because of some construction blocking the entrances). We then hit the main road, and ran an extra 3km. It was hot and sunny, and Wong led the way. I followed closely behind, and after a slight struggle, I ran ahead to the Visitor Centre. Soon Wong, Derek came along, followed by Chairman, Gula and Eng Hwa about 5min later.


HR for Part 3 of run (Return Leg)

We took a good rest-stop, and decided to move ahead without Hock Soon, since he would have stopped his run by then (we did not see him after waiting for quite long). We took the same route we came from earlier, minus the extra km when we got lost. Most of us were a little drained by then, since we have covered about 14km in the first leg. I also accidentally stopped my HRM a few times, and didn't record some of the distances. We turned off into Tree-Top, then Jelutong Tower, then along the wooden planks, skirting the golf course, and finally the remaining 3km from the exercise area to the start point (Carpark A toilets). Derek confirmed we ran for about 2hr40min, minus some stoppage time. We estimated that to be about 26km. A very good run for me, as there was enough distance. Derek remarked that my form was good tday, since I was barely behind him all the way. Gula came back very cheery, as she too got the lond distnace she wanted. We washed up, and went to Shunfu market for our usual carbo-loading brunch.

Distance Ran:26km XC___Time:2hr40min___Pace:6:09min/km
Average HR:153bpm____Max HR:169bpm____KCal:2,000 est.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home