Thursday, April 21, 2005

Weekly SAFRA Tue run at Canterbury Estate

It was yet another nice evening for a run. The crowd was bigger than that of Tuesday's, but still pretty small. We decided to run to Canterbury Estate, an then on to Telok Blangah Hill for a loop. It seems that recently we have been running up quite a number of hills, especially Telok Blangah Hill.

We set off at 7pm sharp. By the time we hit Canterbury Estate, Derek was in front with me following behind. Denis was trying to keep up, and soon dropped off, since the pace was getting a little fast. Very soon, I was feeling the strain trying to catch up with Derek. After one complete round, we met up with Chairman, Tong Lin and Wong. Chairman told Derek and myself to go another round, since we were still early. So, we went another round...by the time I got out of Canterbury Estate, I was pretty tired. I lost Derek while crossing the main road from PSA area, and I was thinking of just going back straight to the Clubhouse.



When I reached near the ClubHouse, I decided to go ahead up Telok Blangah Hill. I was feeling very tired by then, and my legs could hardly move me up the steep slopes. I was taking tiny, baby steps, and chugging up. When I reached the top, I saw Chairman and Eng Hwa, as well as Denis and Hock Soon on their way back. Apparently, they went up by the other side, and was ahead of me.

I finally finished the one loop round Telok Blangah Hill, and headed straight down back to ClubHouse for an estimated distance of 12km, in a time of 1hr6.5min.

Distance Ran:12km___Time:1hr06min___Pace:5:32min/km
Average HR:165bpm____Max HR:173bpm____KCal:920

Related Posts with Thumbnails

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home