Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Speedwork @ Telok Blangah Hill

This evening's training with SAFRA Running Club was special. I did my first speedwork since joining the Club last December. We started promptly at 7pm with a sizeable group of 15 people. We ran 1.5km to the carpark at Telok Blangah Hill as a warm up.



Here we started our first set of running up/down hilly 1km run as fast as we could. I came in second behind Ong, in a fast time of 3:47min. Subsequently, we ran 4 sets of 600m upslope each and I returned with times of 2:08, 2:13, 2:18 and 2:30.


Heart Rate For a 1km set

As my legs grew tired, the times deteriorated slightly, but I still returned within the top 5 in all the various sets. We finally closed the run with a 1km set, and I returned in 4:30min. Not too bad, considering that i was near exhaustion. We closed off with another 1.5km jog back to Clubhouse. Total distance covered added to about 6km.

Distance Ran:7.5km___Time:30min___Pace:4:30min/km Average
Average HR:160bpm_____Max HR:171bpm_____KCal:600 est.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home