Saturday, April 02, 2005

20km Kelichap Run on 2 April 2005

After resting for a full day on Friday, I decided to do a long run today. I normally plan for my long runs on Sundays at MacRitchie, but tomorrow I am going for the MR25 5km Time Trial and having a picnic with the family after that. So, I will miss the early morning long run tomorrow.



It rained heavily almost the whole day. I decided not to be too adventurous, and just wanted to run 2 loops of the usual Kelichap 10km route. I completed the first 10km loop in 51min+, and felt very good along the way. I stopped at the mid-point at my house for a quick drink, and wipe down (taking 1min). I lapped my HRM watch, and checked that it was 51min+. That meant that I covered the first 10km in about 50min+.

I went in reverse for the second 10km loop, and it was already dark at this point. I wanted to go faster for the second loop, but somehow, I was interrupted by the heavy traffic (7pm+ in the night) quite a fait bit. I felt faster, but still returned back in 50min+. All in all, very consistent 10km laps, for a 1hr40min 20km run. Not bad, considering the pace was relatively OK. I felt strong, since I had 2 bowls of green bean soup for carbo-loading at 4pm.

Distance Ran:20km_____Time:1hr41min_____Pace:5:04min/km
Average HR:154bpm_____Max HR:168bpm_____KCal:1260

Related Posts with Thumbnails

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home