Thursday, March 31, 2005

12km run from SAFRA To Science Park I

The whole afternoon was raining today. Fortunately, it stopped before ourly weekly Thursday run at SAFRA this evening. In spite of weather, there was a large crowd of about 20 that turned up. Among them was Eric, a local ASICS dealer who recommended me to look at the Nimbus range for extra cushion. I will get in contact with him soon to try out a pair.



This evening, we covered a new route. From Telok Blangah to Science Park 1, via depot road, Queensway, Portsdown, then crossing a overhead bridge into the back of Science Park, the round a large pond. It was a series of steep slopes thereafter, and we even crossed a nice suspension bridge. Too bad it was dark when we reached the area, and I could hardly keep track of Foo who was leading the way.

I have been looking forward to the run. I had a good lunch today, as well as some snacks in the office. I was feeling great, and not really tired on my legs. In the end, I finished quite strong and felt very good. I really enjoy these weekly short (about 10-12km) evening runs with the SAFRA Running Club members at Telok Blangah. I sometimes join them on Sunday mornings for longer runs of 18-22km.

Distance Ran:12km_____Time:1hr07min_____Pace:5:34min/km
Average HR:150bpm_____Max HR:169bpm_____KCal:820

Related Posts with Thumbnails

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home