Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Weekly SAFRA Tue run at Botanic Gardens

I arrived early this evening for my weekly Tue run with the SAFRA Running Club at Telok Blangah. The skies threatened to rain, but fortunately, it held out. We started promptly at 7pm and was supposed to cover the route to Botanic Gardens, but not going indide for the additional 3km loop. Our overall distance this evening worked out to about 11km.

At about the 5km mark, one of the runners, met with an accident. Sok Hwa, tripped on the uneven concrete pavement, and suffered a deep gnash to her knee. Many of us stopped to assist her, and from accounts of those who saw her open wound, it was deep...the cut was reaching the bone area. We immediately hailed a cab, and sent her to Alexandra Hospital. She was subsequently stiched up, and warded for observation.



We continued with our run, and it was rather uneventful after that. I was feeling OK tonight. Many of the SAFRA runners said that I had improved a lot, and my running cadence is very fast. I have been quietly trying to increase my running cadence, but I my legs do not hold out for more than 15km at that kind of high turnover. I guess I need more mileage to build up the strength of my legs. I hope to have that kind of leg turnover to cover up to 42km, maybe within 1-2 years of additional training.

After a number of long stops at traffic junctions along the way, especially along Henderson Road, I reached the clubhouse at about 8pm.

Distance Ran:11km_____Time:57m15s_____Pace:5:12min/km
Average HR:150bpm_____Max HR:168bpm_____KCal:701

Related Posts with Thumbnails

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home