Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Hydration for long runs

As I move into more long runs, especially in places where water is not easily accessible, I have been looking for good equipment to help carry water with me when I run. I have tried simple water bottles, cheap belts, but they all do not work too well.

So, I finally got myself a fuel belt (Endurance 4-bottle model). It was down to this or the CamelBak. I finally settled for the belt, as I am not too used to having something hugging my back (reminds me too much of my army days, carrying fullpacks, charging up hills....siongzz).






I did not get the one with gel-flask, since that option does not come with a pouch (where I can use to store keys and loose change - very useful). Moreover, one or more of the bottles can be used to store gel too.

I can hardly wait to try them out, when I go for one of the long runs at MacRitchie, maybe this sunday. With proper hydration, without the need to worry about getting water midway during runs, I hope that will help me push my endurance limits....very necessary as I move towards my goal of doing marathons and beyond by end this year.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home