Sunday, March 27, 2005

15km run to MacRitchie

I was supposed to go for the Chinese Garden Mile run this evening. However, it started to rain heavily in the western part of Singapore at 3pm, and it started to rain too at various parts of Singapore, including near my home. My daughter had wanted to bring the dog, Twinki for a outdoor stroll at Chinese Garden, but I guess we did not want to risk the long journey and then find that the run could be cancelled due to rain.

I then decided to make use of the time left to go for my long run. I have not had the chance to go for a longish run this week, and was beginning to feel uncomfortable. I was also undecided whether to run long early on Sunday morning, before I go for the short mile. In the end I didn't join the SAFRA runners at MacRitchie.

I planned to run about 13km to and from my house along Braddel Road to MacRitchie. In the end I added 2.5km more by running to the back (Little Sisters Of The Poor), and also extending the run to the end of Tai Keng Gardens on the return.



I ran for the beginning part in the rain, and was feeling good because of the weather. I was more careful with my steps, because of the wet ground. I was feeling great and was maintaining a reasonable average heart rate of 154bpm. I was focusing on my running form, according to one of the techniques I learnt from Chi Running, namely leaning forward keeping a straight trunk, picking up my legs, and cycling my legs effortlessly.

By the time I reached MacRitchie, the rain had stopped, and I was starting to perspire. I took a quick pee and sip of water at the carpark toilets, and off I went back along the route I came. The run back was smooth, and as I felt good along the way, the extended my run into the end of Tai Keng Gardens, as well as running back via the bus-stop way. I reached home feeling good, did some light stretches, took a isotonic drink, and took a good bath.

Distance Ran:15.5km_____Time:1hr25m_____Pace:5:27min/km
Average HR:154bpm_____Max HR:168bpm_____KCal:1090

Related Posts with Thumbnails

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home