Friday, March 25, 2005

Good Friday 11km run at MacRitchie

I had a good sleep last night, since today was a public holiday. Went with my wife earlier to the SAFE Warehouse sale at Sims Drive, and bought a cheap SD disk, a digital cordless phone. Almost wanted to put in an order for a $109 5-megapixel digital camera (Mercury brand).

Since I didn't run last night, I decided to visit MacRitchie with my wife. We reached there at 5pm, and the whole plae was jam-packed with cars and people. Seems like MacRitchie is full of people during weekends and holidays, ever since the TreeTop Walk was introduced to the public at large. These days, many tourists, walkers, and families like to visit MacRicthie for social walks.

Without much ado, we set off from the car-park toilets towards the start of the Northern Route from the Canoeing Club side. This route is the reverse of what we usually run for the Swift 10km race. I showed Beverly the start of the route, and told her to return on her own along this way, once she hits the SICC concrete road. It will be approximately 8km x-country to-fro. I carried on to do my 11km loop.



Starting slowly with Beverly, I broke away from Beverly after 4min, and I reached the SICC road in 21min+. Hmmm...not bad, I usually reach here in 22min+ on sunday runs. The weather was cloudy and windy today, very good for running. I continued on amidst the strong flow of people in both directions along the trails. Continued on through Sime Track, Jelutong Tower, the road along the Golf Course, and then to the undulating slopes with lots of tree roots. When I have finished crossing that and into the 3.5km marker, it was 44min+. I carried on moving at a steady, but not really quick pace, and hit the zig-zag bridge in 56min. This would be about 10.5km already. I carried on all the way back to the car-park toilets again, taking a total of 58m55s for 11km.

I met Beverly shortly, and we did our stretches, before returning home together for a sumptious home-cooked chicken rice, prepared by the maid.

Distance Ran:11km XC___Time:58m55s____Pace:5:21min/km
Average HR:154bpm___Max HR:169bpm___KCal:780KCal

Related Posts with Thumbnails

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home