Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Weekly SAFRA Tue run at Mt Faber

I didn't have any sleep at all last night. It might have been because of some work-related issues. Nonetheless, I was looking forward to my run this evening. I took some lunch, and a banana about 1 hour before the run. Again, this banana before my runs have proven to be very useful so far, in that I felt strong during the run(s).

The group of SAFRA runners was big tonight. After sharing some initial pleasantries, we were off to Bukit Timah Hill. I reminded myself to practise the Chi Running style of leaning, not over-striding and relaxing. I went up the hill slopes very strongly, and a lot of runners were lagging behind. Later, some of them said that I ran very quickly up the slopes, which I didn't feel so at all.



Midway on the downslope, Paul caught up with me, and said we will run to Telok Blangah Hill and circle it twice, before getting back to base. I ran behind him, and the rest like Hock Soon and Mervyn followed. They too were running very strong this evening. We went around Telok Blangah Hill twice, and sped back to base. This was a relatively short run of about 9km, and the various spikes in heart rates were when I was running up the steep slopes.

Distance Ran:9km_____Time:46m30s_____Pace:5:10min/km
Average HR:153bpm_____Max HR:168bpm_____KCal:600

Related Posts with Thumbnails

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home