Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Hillwork on 2 steep hills in the west

For my weekly run with the SAFRA Runners Club this evening, we did 2 loops of Mount Faber and 1 loop of Telok Blangah Hill. I remember doing this combination just a month ago, with Paul and a few others leading. It was only last Tuesday that I was up on Telok Blangah Hill doing 6 sets of speedwork on the slopes.



Anyway, this evening saw the smallest group of runners, about 10 of us. We started early, and ended in less than an hour. I felt strong all the way, and was mainly trailing Foo. From the HRM, I covered the first Mt Faber slope in 20min, Based on the heart rates, I wasn't really pushing hard all the way. My legs were feeling it a lot more than my lungs.

Overall, a good workout - short, but with hillwork, it helped to bring up the caloric numbers.

Distance Ran:9km____Time:51min_____Pace:5:40min/km
Average HR:156bpm___Max HR:160bpm___KCal:730KCal

Related Posts with Thumbnails

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home