Tuesday, May 24, 2005

The Rollin Hills

Today was a dry day, finally, for our weekly Tue run at SAFRA. The group was relatively small, and we decided to do the famous hills around SAFRA Mt. Faber - Mt Faber and Telok Blangah Hills.

I had a discussion with Jamie along the way to Mt. Faber, and told her I saw her on television news. She was covered for her quest at the Olympics torch bearer competition, where she came in a close second, and got to go to Greece for free. I was suitably impressed with her perseverance and endurance, given her petite stature.



When we reached the bottom of Mt. Faber, it was all the way up for me. Ong took the lead from behind, and I followed closely behind. I then saw Akira ahead. He must have been there earlier, along with Foo. I reached the top feeling quite good, and proceeded to loop Mt. Faber for a second time. Ong and Akira went straight ahed to Telok Blangah Hill. From then on, it was me alone, and only when I exited Mt. Faber, and on the way up Telok Blangah, did I see the group again. I went up the steep first slope of Telok Blangah Hill, and this time, I was pumped. Nevertheless, I went to the top, did a small loop, and headed straight down to the ClubHouse. On the way down, I met Chairman coming up, who exclaimed that the night was still young, and that I could go another round. I felt I had a sufficiently good workout tonight, and I have had my 12km run at East Coast Park just yesterday. So, enough is enough. When we met up later, we planned for this Sunday's long 20km practice run at Yishun.

Distance Ran:9km___Time:51min___Pace:5:42min/km
Average HR:152bpm____Max HR:170bpm____KCal:660

Related Posts with Thumbnails

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home