Thursday, June 02, 2005

Speed Work @ Labrador Park

This evening, we had a sizeable group of 20+ runners, and Chairman decided that we should do speedwork at Labrador Park. We seldom do speedwork, and when Jimmy Tan, who has not been back for about 2months, asked me, I said most likely no speedwork tonite. But then, Chairman had better ideas.

We did the usual 3km distance run to Labrador Park, and took a rest there. When all had gathered, Chairman flagged us off for the first 800m lap in the Park. I returned with 3min12sec, and I thought it was too fast a pace to be sustainable. We took about 5min rest in between. All in all, we covered 5 fast laps of 800m, and I estimated the times to be:
Lap 1 - 3min 12sec
Lap 2 - 3min 25sec
Lap 3 - 3min 40sec
Lap 4 - 3min 55sec
Lap 5 - 4min 10sec

On the way back, we took the slope up, and then ran another 3km back to clubhouse. In terms of total distance, we covered 10km. Because of the hard effort, I think I expanded about 850KCal. Overall, this was a very fun speedwork exercise, not done in a track/stadium.

Distance Ran:10km___Time:49min___Pace:4:54min/km average
Average HR:N/A____Max HR:N/A____KCal:850 est.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home