Friday, May 27, 2005

MacRitchie 10km Northern Route

It has been some time since I have run the MacRitchie Northern Route. I had some time to do it today, and made an attempt to run it slowly. I strapped on my Polar S610i HRM for good measure, did a very brisk warm-up, and started off slowly at the zig-zag bridge.

I covered the first 3km, up to the exercise area pretty slow, at least 2min slower than normal. The ground was soggy and uddy, after days of rain. I was running carefully, not wanting to twist anything. I reached the Golf Course feeling strong, ran Sime Track quite well too.



The return from SICC was tiring for me today. There were indeed countless slopes up that way towards the Little Sisters Of The Poor, and I felt breathless. Maybe it was due to my lack of warm-up, lack of fueling, as well as a lon layoff from trail running. In other words, my conditioning was not up to par. Anyway, I enjoyed the run, and was perpiring profusely at the end of the hard run.

Distance Ran:10km XC___Time:59min____Pace:5:53min/km
Average HR:161bpm___Max HR:174bpm___KCal:870KCal

Related Posts with Thumbnails

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home