Thursday, June 23, 2005

A Short Hard Run - Labrador/Mt. Faber

This evening saw more runners turning up. I was feeling OK, except for a sore throat, and many of my running friends were asking me about my voice. We were to do a Labrador loop, followed by a up and down the top of Mt. Faber.

We started off fast enough. Chairman was just talking about getting someone to be a rabbit and have us all chase him for the heck of it. Soon, Mervyn and Dennis took the lead, and their pace was fast at first. I was just happy to tag along behind, and somewhere along Depot Road, a new rabbit emerged...SC Ong. Ong overtook the pair in front, and I quickly followed his tail. I know Ong to be one to set a good fast pace, and I decided then to do that pace...since it was about 10km pace. Very soon we overtook the pair, and I was running along Ong for most of the way to Labrador Park. We did a loop inside, and ran out towards the main road towards Mt. Faber. Along the way, we saw Chairman and the rest of the runners coming into Labrador Park.

Ong and I pushed on. I was feeling OK, but maybe my shorts were a little small, I was getting some chaffing. It was a tad uncomfortable, but I pushed on since it was just another 5km or so. We hit Morse Road soon enough, and up Mt. Faber we went. It was a hard, long climb up. It was my most tiring climb up Mt. Faber yet, and if not for the banana I ate before the run, I might not have the fuel to finish the climb. It was exhilarating when we reached the top at Cable Car Towers. We took a quick toilet break, and continued downslope all the way, and back to the ClubHouse. As we reached the ClubHouse, we saw Chairman coming in from the other direction. It was hard enough of a run for me, and I rewarded myself with a cool bowl of Cheng Thng at the hawker center thereafter.

Distance Ran:11km___Time:1hr03min___Pace:5:43min/km
Average HR:N/A____Max HR:N/A____KCal:800 est.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home