Thursday, August 25, 2005

AHM Training: Hillwork

This evening was the battle of the hills. We had more than 10 runners, and all were raring to get a good workout. I was changed early, and was looking to put in at least a 12km run, since I was going to rest till the NB Real Run this Sunday....hmmm, got to figure out how to get my long runs in, with the many 10km races over the next few weekends.

Got to Labrador Park relatively easy pace, climbed the first slope, ran a lap round the Park, and then climbed the slope back the reverse direction. Up there, saw TLH, Colleen and Eric also finishing up this portion. Proceeded on to Morse Rd and then up the long stretch of Mt. Faber. At this point, I only say Ong and Derrick ahead. At the top of the slope, Ong was waiting and he told me Derrick went for another round. Since the night was relatively young, and my inspiration from this running movie of Prefontaine (Without Limits) spurred me to run another round of Mt. Faber.



On the second round, I saw Francis and Lee. I ran on up to the top where the Cable Towers is, and then proceeded to take a drink from the public toilets, before hitting down the slopes at fast pace (since this was the 7th month, I didn't want to spend too much time around dark areas) and then back to ClubHouse. The rest were mostly back, except for Derrick, whom I was told did 3 rounds of Mt. Faber. Chairman confirmed that I did 2 rounds, as he had expected. Finally had my laksa at regular food centre, since I missed it on Tuesday.

Distance Ran:14km ___Time:1hr15min____Pace:5:23min/km
Average HR:160bpm___Max HR:175bpm___KCal:1048KCal

Related Posts with Thumbnails

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home